Tuesday 20 December 2011

Right of passage

I went to Norwich, but didn't have too much luck with shopping. I did get things for Ro, so at least, if he doesn't have time to choose a coat until after Christmas, at least I'll have something to give him. I'll go into Yagnub tomorrow for the rest, and failing success there, to Beccles. The Sage is off to London for the day. I'm going to write out all my music for the carol service on Christmas Eve and go and have a practice with Andy. He's playing the electronic organ, which he finds easier, with his vasculitis, and I'll play the clarinet, except for one hymn where we both plan to play the organ. Only problem is, they are half a tone out from each other, so we need to try it out, him playing in E and me in F, to make sure we are okay together. If not, I'm back on the clarinet. We've had the gates sandblasted and repainted and they will be fetched back on Thursday, though I don't suppose they will be put back in situ until after Christmas. Honestly, darlings, those of you who have been here before would hardly know the place. Come to the next blog party to be impressed and astonished. And those of you who haven't visited, of course, because the Sage and I are quite astonishing in our own right. Or should that be rite?

21 comments:

Z said...

The iPad doesn't seem to do paragraphs. However, it does auto-correct, so I don't think there are any typos - which would go uncorrected, of course.

Tim said...

Of curse. Rite. Ill be tyere (if incited of corse)

Four Dinners said...

I'd come...but are you brave enough to invite me?

I would behave!

Honest!!!!

It's you!!!!

Anyroad...Happy Christmas babe

4D xx

Z said...

I incite you, Tim. I wouldn't leave you out, that would be cruelly exciting.

I'm known for my bravery, 4D. And you are certainly invited. Happy Christmas, dearest xx

Anonymous said...

Its a long time sine I read von Gennep. It's all kind a flowing now ...

allotmentqueen said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't quite conquered the art of Christmas shopping.

mig said...

Oh I'd love to come and be impressed and astonished. Humbly hoping for an invite.

I'll be hunting for presents in Reading tomorrow since Newbury failed me. My feet are hurting in anticipation.

LẌ said...

"Yagnub" gets past the auto-correct?

Z said...

We all evolve similar rites of passage, Mago? So it seems!

I'm hopeless, AQ, and getting worse.

Of course you're invited, Mig. Good luck with the shopping. At least there's a deadline, and once it arrives, anything that's been forgotten can be ignored.

It was quite bamboozled, LX

Blue Witch said...

"The iPad doesn't seem to do paragraphs."

That's the final nail in its coffin then ;)

Z said...

Oh darling, of course the iPad does paragraphs, but not on Blogger. That's the fault of the Blogger programme, and out of Apple's control.

Blue Witch said...

Blogger still responding to my end of 2003 spell (when I left them in disgust) that methinks ;)

Have you tried using the html in your post body? ie [br/] (replace square brackets with sideways Witchy Hats, of course)

Unknown said...

We don't do ANY Christmas shopping! It is wonderful. Roll on Jan 2nd! xx

Z said...

They'll sort it out sooner or later. Paragraphs work on comments, I see. And no, I always forget the paragraphs don't work until it's published, and - well it's not as if it really matters.

Good for you, John. It takes some serious willpower not at least pay lip-service to the whole shebang.

Lip-service, hmm. I have the feeling you acquire a few Christmas kisses, actually.

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the last one thoroughly; so yes please.
We wish you both a very Happy Christmas, and a good New Year.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.

Christopher said...

So did we...yes, please!

(Will there be puddings?)

Z said...

This is wonderful, thank you, do please come.

Of course there will, Chris. Whole lots of them. And welcome back, lovely to hear from you again.

Tim said...

I've at last managed to acquire a 2012 diary ...

Z said...

I will be looking for a date to suit everyone soon, Tim. Keep the summer as free as you can, please.

Tim said...

The whole summer? Hokeh. That's a BIIG party!

Z said...

Well, we're hosting a wedding reception on 29th July, so you can take that weekend off. To recover and all.