Tuesday 27 December 2011

Z has nothing to say, so posts pictures instead


The chicken, Elf/Eve/Pearl, has had a small run built for her.  The Sage is feeding the others near her, so that they will get used to being with her and then he'll let her out.  The cocks will be brought along soon - either he'll have to put them in a run or will have to enclose all of them for a few days, because we don't want to risk them flying off and getting lost.  

But now it's after midnight, and the post I originally wrote was so dull that I deleted it and started again, and there isn't a thought in my head.  So I'm padding, darlings, with a few recent pictures.

First, a couple of chickens.




Then, some of the same area of the drive as work was in progress.  I didn't put up pictures as we went along, because they weren't that interesting.  And they still aren't, come to that.  But I'm posting every day until the end of the year, whether I've got anything to say or not.  

9 comments:

kippy said...

May I suggest the new hen be named EEP(to stand for Elf/Eve/Pearl)?
The drive improvements look fabulous!

Rog said...

I seems an awful lot of trouble to go to for a hen- I'm sure she wouldn't have minded a bit of uneven surface

Z said...

Better than PEE, Georgie.

Oh Rog, it's not for the hen, silly - it's to provide enough parking for next year's blog party, of course *wanders off singing everything I do, I do it for you*

Blue Witch said...

Splendiferous driveway now.

allotmentqueen said...

Is it wide enough for coaches then?

Z said...

An entire charabanc party, yes.

Christopher said...

I've often thought of you as remarkable for your drive, hen.

Z said...

Thank you, Chris. And you're ... remarkable, too.

Unknown said...

The feathered dinner looks nice!