Saturday 13 November 2010

Flatter than Norfolk

I had several vivid dreams last night - or, at any rate, I remembered them, which is rarely the case.  Don't worry, I won't tell you all about them, just one thing.  At one point I was brought a cup of coffee and didn't drink it for a while. When I took a sip, it was stone cold.  I remember being surprised that it was completely cold already, not just lukewarm, and I could clearly taste the coffee, which I also could see was black - but black as a specific shade, not black and white.  So I dream in colour, taste and temperature.  Which maybe I've always known and had forgotten.

There was something I was going to tell you, but which I can't think of at present.  I daresay it will come back to me.  In the meantime, a few other random snaps of Malta.

I rather loved the Savoyard helmets in the Armoury.  Sorry about the reflection, I couldn't do anything about it.

There is a lizard here somewhere, but I can't see it now.

As I said before, I loved Mdina and its winding lanes.  They are all this size, it isn't a side alley.

Mdina is in the middle of the island.  But you can still see the sea.

9 comments:

allotmentqueen said...

The helmets look other worldly with that snow in front of them.

Dave said...

I couldn't see a lizard either. Brilliant camouflage.

Christopher said...

Could you have been overdosing on English Inukshuk's Friday blog?

Maybe you have to put those helmets on in order to see the lizards?

Anonymous said...

On the left side, at the edge of the greenery, in the first quarter of the picture up, there's a structure that could be a lizard.

Unknown said...

It's a lovely armoury - a real one- not just a rather self conscious 'collection'. We don't have many left here. Littlecotes perhaps, but I believe that's been moved up to Leeds.

Z said...

You've nailed it, Mike - it's a very real place. So is the war museum - I usually find such places very hard to take, but this was quietly moving.

Madame DeFarge said...

I shall continue to stare to find the lizard. is there a prize if we find it?

luckyzmom said...

Wow, thanks for the vacation by proxy. Lovely photos.

Z said...

I'm sure there is, Madame DF.

You could see everything in Mdina in half a day, LZM, but it's so enveloping that you wouldn't get tired of it in a long time. Blistering hot in summer though, I understand.