Monday 27 November 2006

Dinner is cooking

It smells good. Timatar wali macchi and Tahiri. And cabbage. If your Hindi is no better than mine, that's fish baked in a spicy tomato sauce and rice and peas cooked with onions flavoured with cumin. And cabbage.

I wrote whole lots at the weekend and I have been awake since 3 o'clock this morning, so I will give you and me the evening off.

See you tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will have lunched in Bury St Edmunds.

PS it was all most yummy. Even the Sage liked it, and he is wary when I cook Indian dishes, but I aim for Aromatic rather than Hot, so he enjoys the food really.

9 comments:

y.Wendy.y said...

You did write a lot..cor!

have a good lunch tomorrow - actually have a good day in total.

Z said...

Thinking of you, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Curious American wondering why the town has that odd name? Is there a monument to St. Edmund nearby?

Z said...

Hello curious American. There are the ruins of St Edmunds Abbey, which was built as a shrine to St Edmund, next to the cathedral. He was a Saxon king who was killed sometime in the 9th century. It was a place of pilgrimage at one time.

Christina S said...

Where will you be lunching, z?

Z said...

I'm not sure, Ruby, for I am being taken out by a Gentleman Friend. He is disabled and can't walk far, however, so I suspect it could be the Angel as his tailor is just round the corner and he is going for a fitting.

Better not have pudding then ;-(

Christina S said...

Oo, I've never been to the Angel to eat, believe it or not, but am going for the first time next week. Hope you enjoy it!

Pat said...

You were awake at 3am? It wasn't you who told Mum to give me a shout?

Z said...

Was that your mum?