Tuesday 30 December 2008

Z stops thinking about one year and anticipates the next

Today is one deadline, tomorrow is another. So I'm doing all the paperwork today. Is that not impressive? Are you not, even now, thinking, 'ooh, that Z, never leaving it all until the last minute. How impressive is that'?

No, it's not truly splendid, is it.

The year always tails off somewhat for me. The couple of days when Christmas feels well over is a bit dull, when there's no excuse not to get on and tidy everything up and start getting back to the usual sort of routine, but I'm still a bit tired and lacking in verve. I always get up late, which means I have to go to bed late, and i waste a lot of time.

Tomorrow night will be spent with Al and Dilly. Her parents are coming over too, but I'm not sure how long they're staying. On Thursday, we'll go to friends for a walk and a party. We will be given a map and told that soup and cheese will await us on our return. There's usually a choice of two or three routes of varying lengths between two or three miles and ten or so. Until last year, I always did the longest walk but I've admitted defeat now and will do the shortest one, which is 2.8 miles this time. Several people make different soups, which are all fabulous. I think they spend the year trying out new recipes.

I must get back to work. I have to email out all the papers while it's still Tuesday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hap, Hap, Happy new year

Dave said...

I must admit that I left sorting out next Sunday's service until Monday - I look on that as being relaxed.

Z said...

Again, I wish you lived here, Dave. I sometimes don't receive the hymns for Sunday until Saturday afternoon. Usually, when that happens, there is at least one I don't know.

Today, I'll do everything that's due by next week. Start the new year with a clean slate.

Anonymous said...

Good work Z, something I am attempting myself. All the best for the New Year for you and yours.

Z said...

Dear Ad, it all hit you amidships this year, didn't it? I hope next year gives you everything you want and need.

Anonymous said...

That soup party is a great idea! Sort of like those traveling supper parties, but with a better hike and only one destination.

Happy New Year, Z. See you on the other side.

Z said...

It starts with mulled cider, then we have the walk and get back sometime in the afternoon, depending on how far we've walked and relaxedly eat and drink and chat for the rest of the day. They've been doing it for several years now and it's always a good day.

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Z xx

luckyzmom said...

Walking for soup sounds sumptuous! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!