Thursday 6 December 2007

Silly Bluggers

You'll be happy to know that many people are whingeing at Blogger, not only because their commenting arrangements have been arbitrarily changed but also because we have not been notified by email of the very few comments we now receive, since the commenting arrangements have been arbitrarily changed. I found, last time I checked, that the new 'anyone can put in their URL and register' thing has belatedly arrived among my options but, as I've pointed out, I don't expect people to register. I can't really be arsed with any bother - 'good enough' satisfies me (in most respects, there are instances where 'superb' is the least that will do, but in no way that need concern you) - but if it is not sorted soon I will switch. To what, I don't know and don't care, but Blogger is trying my patience.

There was a Chamber of Trade meeting last night, and there is a move afoot to make the town plastic carrier bag free. This will go down well with Al (from whom the report comes) as he has supplied none for several years, unless returned to him by customers. No problem to me either, with my bicycle panniers, which are remarkably roomy.

We have been talking about presents. I have received most of mine already, and since I am deliriously overjoyed with the least thing, I am very easy to buy for in any case. Ro has ordered his with his credit card on my account and Al wants bee-keeping stuff, but as the sale starts in January he is happy to wait. The rest of us have wishlists set up, except the Sage, who is impossible to buy for because he already has everything he wants, as long as I wrap myself in pretty paper and snuggle under the Christmas tree each year. Squiffany is majoring on bird stuff this year and Pugsley on farm stuff - I need a few more animals - so, as usual, I'm not going to fuss. My goddaughter and her bro will get money. Teenagers need and deserve money, bless them.

Ooh, the comment email thing has just come back on again. Silly tossers. Nothing was wrong until they started bluggering about with it.

14 comments:

Dave said...

I agree totally.

Z said...

A sure indication that I am right, then.

martin said...

OO the world of blog is not what it was.

Z said...

Mutterings and putterings, Martin. I have warned them, for I am a fair woman.

Anonymous said...

AKA Blogger/Google Will Never get My Soul Blue Witch says:

As I always say, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Now they have your details, you can check out any time, but you can never leave.

Anonymous said...

Now they have your details, you can check out any time, but you can never leave.

Hey BW, I got these details from a lost HMRC cd rom.

(Just kidding)

Those Go!ogle marketeers just can't help themselves by trying to 'add value' and in doing so justify their employed existance. If there is to be a migration, then so be it.

Have a wonderful weekend

Z said...

True, darling, but that's true with anything. In fact, it was more nuisance when I changed internet providers and lost all my emails (to be fair, they did give me time to save/use the details)and so I only use free ones nowadays.

Ad, silly chumps didn't even tell anyone when it happened. You had to go on the help page to find out. I haven't actually come across anyone yet who is using the open ID setting yet, though I can see the point of it if you get a lot of spam or people who aren't who they say they are.

Anonymous said...

AKA BW

it was more nuisance when I changed internet providers and lost all my emails

Do you only use webmail then?
Why not download it to your computer using Pop3 or imap? Saves hours in a week, and it's all then under your control.

Z said...

This was some years ago, when broadband finally reached here and my then provider didn't cater for broadband on Macs.

luckyzmom said...

I have just been hugely frustrated because I haven't been able to post pictures. My head is swimming and I might go over the edge if I now have to deal with whatever it is you are talking about. Maybe I can correct it all using the tools of the personna on that last test of yours!

Z said...

It's a nuisance when you can't do something and don't know why. I wish they would put up a notice saying what's down, rather than only telling you when they've fixed it.

I find setting things up on the computer very boring and I don't want to have to bother to change. That I'm prepared to do so demonstrates the level of my annoyance.

heybartender said...

I haven't had any problems yet... that I am aware of, anyway.



I suppose I probably just jinxed myself by saying that.

Z said...

If you use Blogger and so do the people who comment, there isn't really anything to notice.

Z said...

Ah, Julie, it's because you have comment moderation switched on - the settings haven't changed on that. I haven't, and anonymous comments aren't barred either.