Tuesday 22 April 2008

Z drops in

I'm home but still borrowing computers as mine has only gone to be fixed today. So all I have for you right now are a couple of quotes.

Heard in Islington: smartly dressed mother to small child - 'Do you need to do a wee-wee?' Small child - 'Nyeah'. 'You must tell me when you do, Douglas, rather than holding your willy like that.'

Said by Sue, in the Plaza Major, Madrid, after a very large gin and tonic:- 'It's not as posh as the Place de Vosges, but the Place de Vosges is not paved.' Her diction was perfect, and this is, now, the approved test for drunkenness.

6 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

That's an incredible sentence - I'm not sure I could say it sober.

Dave said...

Hurrah! You are back.

Z said...

Great, isn't it?

I'll still be a bit distracted for a day or two - rather a lot to catch up on. So I won't be reading any blogs, much as I miss you all.

Dave said...

I shall go away on Saturday, for 2½ weeks, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up at mine.

Unknown said...

Yeah! The Z is back!

y.Wendy.y said...

'It's not as posh as the Place de Vosges, but the Place de Vosges is not paved.'

That beats "She sells seashells" etc by a mile. And it made me guffaw. Therefore, as phrases go, it's a winner and definitely an excellent drunkeness test.

Good to have you back - you were missed.