I finally sat down at my elderly desktop computer and found that there are literally dozens of pages in Safari that are open but empty. I can only think that the cat has tried to blog and didn't quite manage it. I've closed at least 20 of them, but there's a long way to go and the dear old Mac is slow, nowadays, even just shutting something.
Things are all right, or possibly not. Wink and I spend time together bemoaning the ageing process. I'm still on iron tablets and am due another blood test tomorrow, to see if there's progress. Last time, there was and there was no blood where there had no business to be blood, but my very nice doctor clearly isn't happy. He has a feeling. And, very sensibly, he's acting on that feeling, which I can only applaud, at least in theory. I don't think he's right, because there's no blood where there shouldn't be (which would be the only symptom apart from anaemia) and I feel absolutely well, with more verve (even allowing for the enervating effect of many weeks of heatwave) than I did have before the iron. I don't think I would if his alternative suggestion is the case, which leaves me, on a balance of probabilities, thinking I'm probably okay. But he's right to check. So I've been referred for a combined gastroscopy and colonoscopy (Ro and I have giggled about being skewered from both ends, because you've got to laugh, innit?) which frankly sounds ghastly. I have to drink something the night before and am darkly warned to stay near the lavatory, not to travel and, well, just park myself by the loo or on the loo until I'm emptier than I've ever been in my life, and then don't eat anything. I haven't got a date for this yet, but Lovely Dilly and Al have assured me that they will take me (I suspect they'll be at work and I don't want them to take time off, but we'll see how that goes. Plan B is Ronan, who lives close to the hospital).
An unrelated but dismal other medical thing was a gumboil. Very unfortunately, I've got an infection that can only be cleared up temporarily - there is nothing wrong with the tooth, which is the molar next to the wisdom tooth, bottom left, but I've got to have it out. The appointment for that is just before the bank holiday weekend. Ro had to have a wisdom tooth out a few years ago, for a similar reason and he's warned me what to expect. It's not nice - the extraction itself is the least of it. I'll have a difficult week or so afterwards. Eat well before you come in, the receptionist said kindly, when I was making the appointment. So I had a week of antibiotics to help suppress the infection - I was lucky (I'll find luck wherever I go, somehow) that the pus - sorry, I shuddered too - has been draining downwards into my gum, otherwise I'd have been in a lot of pain. It's almost as unpleasant to consider this infection draining into my poor jaw. But at least I feel nothing.
You think this is enough? My lovely sister Wink is about to have a breathing test at the hospital, because she's having problems. The lung guy assures her it isn't cancer. The heart guy assures her it isn't heart failure. What it's likely to be is a blockage in an artery, so she's also booked for an angiogram. This is three days after my tooth extraction, so I'll be hungry but able to drive.
Weeza and co had a lovely holiday and all went well with Wink, Izzy the dog and the house. We didn't do the jollies we'd planned because it was just too hot, but we went out for lunch instead and discovered a splendid pub that we will visit again, by the river in Coltishall.
I've mostly been relaxing, because of the heat. My watch tells me that I'm taking less exercise than a year ago. Well yes, that's because of the heat and it's actual NHS advice. People die of this! I'm old enough to give myself leeway. I'd wanted to go to London for various exhibitions, but they have to wait. No unnecessary journeys. But I am off to the caravan on Friday, because I've got things to do there. Mostly packing up, which I'm really sad about but I console myself with the thousands of pounds I'll save that I can do something else with. I don't save for my old age any longer, I'm already there.
I've written more than enough, but there's a lot still to say. So, after a rather depressing to read post - I'm fine, genuinely, it's just life - I'll have a mixture next time. Which in theory will be tomorrow, but I'm in the middle of photographing china, which also involves describing and checking for damage, so takes as many hours as I can bear to spend.
No comments:
Post a Comment