Sunday 5 February 2012

4 Inches. But size doesn't matter, innit?

Snow fell yesterday evening, but most of it arrived overnight, to give us all a lovely awakening.  Fortunately, it was overcast and cold all morning, so when I arrived home from church it hadn't started to melt at all.  On my way home, I met the family coming down the drive, off for a walk, so I hurried back home to start building my own snowman.

It wasn't perfect construction snow, because it clumped together but wasn't easily shaped, suddenly breaking apart unexpectedly.  So my snowman is rather tall and thin.
And then I cleared the snow in front of the door and from the paving, and then I decided to construct a little dog outside the door.

I rather love it, wonky nose and all.

Then I went to join Al and Squiffany, who'd been sledging.  Pugsley had got cold and gone indoors by this time.


They had made snowmen while I was out.  Here they are.  As you'll see from the light, I photographed them rather later in the day.

It's been brilliant.

16 comments:

Macy said...

Yo! You got our sno!!!

Actually you're welcome...Enjoy!

Blue Witch said...

I think that dog is actually a polar bear in disguise.

Z said...

Macy!!! You've met all your clients' tax deadlines and you're back with us. Lovely.

It's a terrier, BW. With polar tendencies.

Anonymous said...

This is a very friendly snow person.

Rog said...

Nice snow dog!

We've already Got a bi-polar terrier...

Z said...

Yes, a happy smile, Mago.

You t'bet, Rog!

Marion said...

The dog is the best snow dog ever.
We have rain and almost 60 degrees.

Timorous Beastie said...

I love your little snow dog.

Anonymous said...

The snow dog is really cute (and the puppy absolutely adored the snow and had tremendous fun frolicking in it).

Unknown said...

I love your snow terrier. I'm only allowed to build sand castles these days. One per annum. Last year's was beside one of the few Swedish lakes with a sandy beach, but at least there was no tide to wash it away.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Z:
Brighton has avoided the snow although all around is blanketed in white. We applaud your snowman and snowdog creating enterprises which brought back fond memories of last year when there were many such creations all along Brighton beach!!

Z said...

Every dog we've ever had loved snow. Chester used to tunnel in it, and also spring up vertically to pounce down into drifts.

Thank you all, I am rather sentimentally sad that he'll melt in a couple of days! I'm getting old and soppy.

Pat said...

They are quite charming. Careful you don't get snow blindness.

lom said...

You had more than us, ours fell Saturday and melted away Sunday.

Unknown said...

We had 6" of the stuff! Brrr!

Z said...

No sun, Pat. Lovely and bright though.

Helen, that's disappointing. A full day at least, enough for a frolic, is reasonable to expect.

Not easy for you to get about John, I suppose. Still, if you can get to the pub and home, that's most of what matters.