Yesterday, we had a really excellent lecture at the society previously known as Nadfas (I'm going to have to give in and simply call it the Arts Society, but not quite yet) and I drove the lecturer back to the station, as he couldn't stay for lunch. On the way home, I dropped off Dilly's birthday present. It was just as well that Steven hadn't been able to join us for lunch as, on my arrival home about 1.20, hungry and in need of the loo and then lunch, I read my post. I'd an appointment for an ultrasound at 2.45. I'd only just got time.
I'd already been to the lavatory. So I drank the best part of a litre of water (you need a full bladder), went to change into looser clothes rather than the fitted dress I was wearing, phoned Wink to say that, if she wanted a lift home, be ready in 5 minutes, picked her up and dropped her off and then set off for the hospital. No time to eat. I'd allowed a goodly time to park in the inadequate car park, which I needed and I arrived at the department with 5 minutes to spare.
Delightful staff, my recent experiences of the NHS have been overwhelmingly positive. On the way home, I detoured to the nearest petrol station, as the tank was perilously low and arrived home at 4.30, and ate lunch. So hungry.
This morning, i had a call from the surgery to offer a follow-up appointment to discuss the result. 12th October. I was quite reassured by the relaxed date, until I realised they haven't actually had the results and are allowing plenty of time. I still can't be fussed, though.
Today, I took Wink to another hospital for her regular eye check. Boo chiz, she will have to have an injection next week. But her sight has not deteriorated over the past year, thanks to those unpleasant injections (macular degeneration) so we are phlegmatic about it. We're both so fed up though, she has another test for her heart next week, I've got an appointment with a nurse tomorrow, we don't normally go anywhere near doctors. I have to be grateful that the anaemia was found, I suppose, as I do feel better for that having been dealt with.
Mouth healing, but it will take a month of being careful.
A nice back road we sometimes take home from the hospital had a sign up. It'll be closed for 15 weeks from next Monday, to put in cycle paths. I've never seen a cyclist on it, though it's already safe. Really, council? Really? Best use of limited funds? From now until Christmas?
They've been upgrading the junction with the A47, Norwich's southern bypass, with the A11, which goes into the M11 once you get to Essex, as we don't do motorways in these parts. This is also a lengthy project and isn't due to be completed until the spring of 2028. However, the complexity of the scheme has to be respected, it's been a bad junction for a long time and, with the underpass and so on (I haven't seen the whole design) it's a big project and I appreciate it. Even though the traffic queues can be bad, I don't resent it at all. I'm not just a grumpy old woman. I am, but there's more to me....
No comments:
Post a Comment