Sunday 23 September 2007

Z has nothing to say, which does not stop me saying it

I started to write, completely lost the thread and deleted it. However, I've got to post something now. Otherwise, my half-written and barely half-witted words will appear on RSS feeds and you will think I'm a fool.

I probably will regale you all week with funny stories about vegetables. I apologise.

Our lovely friend Daphne has been staying for the weekend. The only problem about having friends to stay is that you spend so many hours talking that you go to bed very late. And you politely let her use the bathroom first (there is a shower in the bedroom, but a shower is so stimulating that I'd be awake all night) so go to bed even later.

I chose Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother on the strength of the line at the top of the page opened at random 'He'd tried celibacy. The only problem was the lack of sex.' I'm easily amused, admittedly, and it's not a new joke, but still worth hearing again. I enjoyed the book and it lasted me most of the journey down to Gloucestershire on Thursday. I passed it on to a friend for her to read on the way back, and started on a biography of Mark Twain. I haven't finished that yet though.

Did I ever tell you that, as a child, I used to have a dog called Huckleberry? He was lovely. My next dog (if it arrives with me unnamed) will be called Huckleberry.

Right. I think the bathroom is free. It's Monday morning. I know the time on the post says Sunday night, but that's because I can't be bothered to change it.

7 comments:

Monozygote said...

If you haven't gone to bed yet, it's still Sunday. That's what I say.

Z said...

Unless it's New Year's Eve.

mike said...

Eurgh, I don't like waiting for people to finish in the bathroom. Not being a Morning Person, the only way I can get through the morning routine with peace of mind intact is to avoid all human contact wherever possible. Thus, K gets up, has breakfast and then washes, whereas I do the reverse. This handily keeps us two storeys apart, all the way through the danger zone, until it's time to leave for work.

Z said...

Good plan. The Sage and I rarely breakfast together and certainly don't want to share a morning ablution. We're quite happy to be in the bathroom together in the evening.

y.Wendy.y said...

I recently read A Spot of Bother...thoroughly enjoyed it too...although nerly threw up when he cut his skin off...AARGH!

BTW - you have a lovely home.

Z said...

Me too.

And thank you, darling!

luckyzmom said...

This is making me too sad because it brings to minnd traveling east to visit my dearest friend and staying up late catching up. I miss her.
I am catching up and I also want to say that most people wouldn't understand what you were feeling about the Harvest Festival post of 9/22. You can't make a tin into a bouquet, best to let it be a tin.