Sunday 7 September 2008

Mmm, sleep...

I'm going to take Dave's advice and go to sleep this afternoon. Having woken up unnecessarily early at 6.45 and having a sleep deficit of at least 2 hours a night over the past week, I am now very tired.

I have added to this post though, just a few more items for your amusement. I like the oddities of English spelling and pronunciation, myself. If you accept them and look for the reasons, it can be very interesting. I like it that English has always accommodated words from other tongues so willingly. And many spellings have rules, if they were only taught - if you know the rule and learn the occasional exception, it all becomes much more straightforward.

Anyway, I'm going to remove my contact lens, curl up with the Sunday paper and not read it for more than five minutes.

Have a good afternoon, darlings.

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

Its pouring rain here...another perfect day for naps...i sincerely hope you enjoy yours and feel much more rested afterwards.

Z said...

Thanks, Jamie. I had a good sleep and felt much better.