Saturday 17 May 2008

Z has a Day of Rest

Well, a morning at any rate, as I'm babysitting this afternoon.

I had plans for this morning, but I've not done a thing. I'm tired. Not in a depressed or exhausted sort of way, I just want to do nothing for a few hours. So I have, or haven't, whichever makes more sense.

I should, even now, be cycling into town to do my weekend shopping, but it's still raining and I am rather hoping it'll clear up.

If you remember the photos I posted a little while ago of the sitting hen, her eggs have now hatched and she has 9 chicks. There were still 3 eggs, so the Sage has put them under another broody bantam to give them a chance. We went out for dinner with friends last night, and put mother and babies into a coop for safety when we returned home at 11.30. She was not too thrilled, but she soon settled down.

Since Dave has not posted any holiday photos today, I will show you a few Spanish dogs.





We couldn't help noticing that, although there were quite a number of dogs, there was no dog-mess. Indeed, Madrid was noticeably litter-free. The dogs were charming and most of them were either mongrels or breeds unknown to me.

11 comments:

Dave said...

You didn't say you'd taken Murph with you.

Dave said...

A photograph I took, whilst away on holiday, of a painting I made whilst there does, in my book, count as a holiday photo.

Z said...

I knew you'd rise to that one, Dave.

Good luck to the BMCC tomorrow.

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Sam thinks Dogs In Clothes are hilarious, and coincidentally, is at the Pointing And Talking Loudly About Things He Finds Hilarious stage.

And to me, That Is Hilarious.

These dog-owners who dress their pooches seem to take great offence when ridiculed - correctly - by a four year old....

Dandelion said...

Spanish dogs, yo te quiero infinito. Yo te quiero, oh mi corazón.

heybartender said...

Z- Sounds like an excellent way to spend a morning. I'm planning the same for my Sunday.

And pardon me for answering a comment that was left to you, but Dandelion- love a Clash quote. Woo hoo!

luckyzmom said...

And, amazingly, I see no leashes. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Z said...

There was a chilly wind, Eddie...yes, it was hilarious.

Julie, I love it when commenters start chatting among themselves. Woo hoo indeed, Dand - I fell for those dogs, especially the first one which was huge and woolly and endearingly peculiar. Dogs were evidently beloved, not status symbols.

They were all with their owners except the last, LZM, who was quite the dog about town.

Dandelion said...

Eddie, that Sam sounds like a dude. Personally, I find all dogs Hilarious.

Hey bart, it was a general all-purpose comment, and I am Gratified if it was appreciaed. I can't help wondering though, z, has Julie been working for the drug squad?

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Dand, he is a dude when he points and ridicules "dogs in bags" etc, but not such a dude when he points and ridicules "That man with long girl's hair" when said man is standing in front of you in the Tesco queue, and is a 6ft+, half a ton+ Hell's Angel.

Z said...

He can get away with it at 4, won't be so easy in 10 years time.