Friday 23 March 2012

Chick pic

When we were out for dinner with the family the other night, Squiffany had a joke for us.

"A Mexican man pushed his wife off a cliff.  What did he do that for?"
(see below photos)

.............................................................................

 The chickens have been enjoying the spring weather.  Two of the three cocks are in this picture - they are still pretty friendly with each other and don't fight - it appears that there are quite enough hens to go around.  A bit x-rated on occasion, has to be admitted, around here.

 The new hen, Christmas Eve (I can't remember the alternative names) is particularly tame and makes herself welcome inside the house at will.  She is quite willing to be picked up for a cuddle.

And yesterday, when I arrived home and hurried in the house to fetch some change before delivering the meals on wheels money, I returned to find that I'd left the car door open and she'd hopped in.


Zerlina and Augustus enjoying the swings.

........................................................................

11 comments:

LẌ said...

Love the chicken pix. My maternal grandparents had a farm with Barred Rocks. They all stayed in the fenced chicken yard.

Christopher said...

Nice-looking chick in pic #3

Quality playground joke too.

Z said...

They're all terribly pleased with the new plants I've bought. They enjoy the variety in their diet.

Chris, dear heart, that comment just arrived but the time says 2.08. I trust you were safe in the Land of Nod at that time and it's just a glitch.

I know, the joke is quite sophisticated for a 7-year-old. She's highly delighted with it.

Roses said...

I love that the chooks wander in and out and come for cuddles.

Cracking jokes.

Your family has an awesome sense of humour (must come from you).

Unknown said...

I intend passing that joke on to my grandchildren. It will be interesting to see how many of them have heard it. We should be able to judge from that how effective the nationwide playground jungle drums are.

Unknown said...

Nice chickens! How do they roast?

Rog said...

I'm more concerned that seven year olds are overly familiar with Tequila. Hopefully they won't be when the price goes up.

Z said...

My brown hen was a bit of a nuisance today - I'll tell all in a minute.

Only the ones with a Z as their granny, Rog. I'm held up as an awful example of what route not to follow, even by me. I'm the ungracious pastor who recks not his own rede.

Toughly, John. The youngest, apart from Eve and the cocks, is 5 years old and they're scrawny bantams, not roasters. But if you want a go, next time one dies of old age I'll put her in the post to you.

luckyzmom said...

Oh my! How lovely. It still astounds me that they grow so fast. (That would be the children not the chickens!)

mig said...

Lovely chic pics, particularly the close up portrait. Lovely grandchildren too, but you know that obviously.

Z said...

I know! I'm so lucky.