Wednesday 15 May 2013

After you, Claude...

This is where I've been today, and very splendid it was.  Cold, though.  I dutifully spent quite a long time in the garden and rather wished that, as well as two jumpers and two jackets, I'd worn gloves.

I'm still tired, hoarse voice, tickly cough.  It's either a cold or a reaction to all the fields of oilseed rape that are now in flower.  I had a little nap on the way home and, I'm afraid, an early night is indicated at the moment.  I hate early nights.  I've nothing against getting up early, but evening time is when I perk up and feel most cheery.  But the Sage is out and may need a lift home, so I'll have to stay alert for now.

I had just cooked myself scrambled eggs, put them on half a slice of toast, Marmited the other half and started eating, when someone called round to see the Sage.  Of course, he's out, but when I came back having explained that, I found the dog had eaten my eggs.  I'm really not very lucky with evening meals at the moment.  I've eaten some cucumber.  I can't have a glass of wine in case I'm driving and, actually, I don't really want one.

H'm.  I must be under the weather.

8 comments:

PixieMum said...

Should I recognise where you have been today? Just musing about possibilities of places to visit after the blog party.

Do make sure you compensate for Ben eating your supper, cucumber is not a substitute for eggs, hunger can keep you awake too.

Anonymous said...

Nice house. Hope you did not catch a cold, as I did.

janerowena said...

Sennowe park?

It was freezing, I had a friend round with a small granddaughter who needed to be exhausted outside and we froze. At least we didn't get 2" of snow, like poor Shropshire.

LẌ said...

What is that place?

Rog said...

We are staying 20 miles north of the snow line at the moment and my 60 mile cycle into the Yorkdhire Dales this coming Fridy isn't going to be as summery as I imagined.

Unknown said...

That's Burghley House, isn't it?

Z said...

I had a good lunch and cake for tea, I wasn't particularly hungry, Pixie, but I'm all for proper nutrition - I look after myself very well!

Mike has the answer, well done! It's about 2 hours drive from Norwich - magnificent house and contents and the gardens, which have been laid out since I was last there, are a sculpture trail - lots of grass and trees and a lake, with modern sculptures, and a 'garden of surprises' which has a number of water features (sorry, horrid phrase) and is quirky and amusing.

Rog, brrr.

Unknown said...

We haven't been there for some years. There used to be one place on the A1 where you could spot all the chimneys above the trees, and it looked like a small city (say a Cathedral city). It's very impressive.