Thursday 14 July 2011

Foreovercast

I'm concerned.  The weather forecast still talks of heavy rain for Saturday.  We've been holding these village festivals in their present manner (that is, including a beer festival) for quite some years and the weather has always been fine.  Even when there has been a pretty dreadful summer, the sun has always shone on festival day.

Tomorrow, Weeza and Zerlina are coming over and staying for two nights.  They have never stayed over before, it will be great.  We intend to pamper them, rather.  Ro and Dora are also coming on the Saturday, although I don't know if they will change their minds if it rains; they intend at present to stay for supper.  All will be splendid, except for the weather...

Weeza will call at the repair shop tomorrow to pick up my clarinet, which I took in last week for a service.  I'm very much looking forward to playing it again.  It's been quite difficult the last few times, the pads have been a bit leaky and it's needed a lot of puff as well as care to keep it in tune (that is, not to squeak).  It would require many hours of practise to play as well as I did ten or so years ago, however.  Not sure if I'll ever be that dedicated again.

7 comments:

Dave said...

The sun's shining today. Bottle it, quick!

Z said...

I'm too busy trying to find my way round the peculiar EDP website.

Rog said...

Weeza would be a good name for a leaky clarinet

allotmentqueen said...

Our local paper's website has also changed recently. It was poor before, now it's absolutely rubbish. Actual news content minimal, loads of adverts and other junk.

Christopher said...

Here's a useful mantra to ensure fine weather for Saturday:

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella:
But chiefly on the just, because
The unjust steals the just's umbrella.

Unknown said...

I fear the worst, weather wise.

Z said...

I find it impossible to search for anything, however careful I am with keywords. If I can actually quote the article it'll find it, but otherwise not.

Forecast still bad. Oh well.