Friday 12 November 2010

Zerlina is affectionate

I bought some Montezuma giant chocolate buttons.  Zerlina was most impressed.  She came and stood beside me several times, being very affectionate in a hopeful sort of way and kissing me lovingly before asking if there was any chance I might be considering opening Granny's tin.  It got me every time.  I'm afraid my reputation as a soft touch will take a while to live down.

She also hoped I'd notice and remark upon her appearance. She touched her fringe faux-casually and tossed her pigtails, and glanced down at her striped wool dress.  Each time I complimented her, her face lit up happily.

She still has an afternoon nap, something which her mother strenuously encourages.  She loves her nap and now has graduated to a full-sized single bed in our smallest bedroom.  When she woke, I went to fetch her. "Look, I'm in a big girl's bed" were her first words.  We walked downstairs, holding hands, and she showed me the cars decorating her socks (not actual cars, darlings, they were part of the pattern).

I finally got around to downloading the photos I took on holiday.  Here is one of a resident of Sliema.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet they are at that age! My niece came to stay aged 3 and I made her up a bed with a flowery quilt - she told everyone she slept in a flowerbed.

Dave said...

She was very well behaved last Saturday, and didn't scream once when she saw me.

Christopher said...

It looks as if your Sliema resident is waiting for a Montezuma giant chocolate button too. I hope you didn't try to fob him off with a Malteser?

Z said...

It is a very sweet age, between learning to communicate (esp in jokes) and going to school, when you inevitably start to lose them to an extent.

I was very tempted to go and speak to him, Chris, but it isn't fair on a dog. If he was on guard duty, he'd have had the embarrassment of having to growl and he looked so happy.

luckyzmom said...

Reminded me of my granddaughter at that age. She loved chocolate and Grandma in that order and I always made sure to bring really good chocolate with me to try to change the order.