Wednesday 3 November 2010

Zedwalled

Today we went to Mdina, which was absolutely delightful. I can imagine living there. Actually, now I come to think of it, I like walled towns. I'm trying to think of one in Spain that I liked very much - one of you will tell me, I visited it on the same day I went to Segovia ... which I also loved, I'd have liked to spend more time there.

Gratifyingly, the Sage says he's missing me. He even used the L word yesterday. So I should think.

Last night I slept well, at last, after three nights of very little sleep at all. Thank goodness for that - I was starting to think that I'd arrive home more tired that I left and in need of another holiday.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have a little mid-afternoon nap. Don't work too hard, will you, darlings. It would be such a pity if you started to make me feel guilty.

Excuse me being less than reliable about replying to comments. It's all just a bit more fiddly on this little screen. I'm reading them of course, and thank you.

16 comments:

Dave said...

Shall we turn Yagnub into a walled town next year?

Z said...

Ooh yes, Dave - shall we have ramparts? I would love ramparts.

Dandelion said...

Lesbian?

Z said...

Wink has just pointed out that we've already got a moat around most of the town. Darling, this will be marvellous.

Certainly, Dand.

Roses said...

Ooo...if you have a wall and moat around Yagnub, can I be the alien invader? I haven't stormed a castle in years.

A spot of raping and pillaging might be just the thing for beating off the winter blues.

Z said...

You and whose army, Roses?

Dave said...

There is, of course, a castle there already.

Z said...

I've already included that in my plans, Dave, particularly as there is a nice tearoom nearby.

Christopher said...

I don't think you can have ramparts and siestas, It's one or the other. Or, with that nostalgic streak that runs through you, were you thinking of 'siesta' with 18th century letterpress, i.e. 'fiesta'?

Z said...

Fiestas would be marvellous. One would need the siesta on the ramparts afterwards, though. This is all coming together very well. Thank you, Chris.

luckyzmom said...

Huzzah!

Roses said...

I need an army?

Bugger.

Z said...

You're going to do the invading, raping and pillaging all on your own, Roses? Good luck. I think you'll need a stiff drink afterwards.

Roses said...

Well, it's the problem being single. I have to go to all these social activities by myself.

Can I pop around for a glass of red after?

Z said...

Well, if you haven't pillaged it all, you're welcome. In fact, if you'd like to pillage the excellent wine merchant in Trinity Street, you could bring a bottle?

Roses said...

I'll happily take orders.

What's your fancy lovely?