Wednesday 23 June 2010

Bringing on the wall, Day 40 - some like it hot

It was, at last, exactly the weather we hoped for when we started this whole malarkey.  Sunny, hot, but not unbearable heat as there was enough freshness in the air to make it a pleasure to be outside.  I'd gone out early in fact as I'm still not sleeping much - most annoying to wake, seemingly refreshed, before 5 am when I have only been asleep since 12.30 or so.  Anyway, I'd done some more planting and was doing the watering when Dave arrived.

We're not rabbit-proof yet, but may be after Saturday.  Dave is carrying on with the central pillar and I'm working on the bottom courses.  Weeza and Zerlina arrived during the morning, so I finished early, but Dave did a lot of work.

Ignore the weeds, I do.

The brown hen came in the garden, having been invited in, and followed me around, looking for small creatures to eat.

I did a short movie of her, but I can't find out how to post it.  Blogger Beta doesn't seem to give an option for it - unless anyone can tell me different, of course.  In 'help' it says there is, but although it was there in the original Blogger options, which I can't remember how to return to, it isn't now.

9 comments:

savannah said...

the old blogger is in settings, under Basic - global settings - select post editor. xoxox

Dave said...

Spooky!! I wrote my post today before I read this - and you will see that I have referred to the wall-work as 'malarkey' too.

Rog said...

Spooky Malarky!

Blue Witch said...

Looking good.

Z said...

Thanks, Savannah. It seems that I'll have to go back to Blogger, post the video and then return to Blogger Beta. How odd.

'Malarkey' must the correct word for what we're doing, Dave. It's the only rational explanation.

It does, BW, I'm thrilled with it.

luckyzmom said...

We just got sited for having weeds in our rocks over 4" tall by the HOA ( Home Owners Association). Never again.

Z said...

4 foot? That's fairly normal in this garden. Good job we don't have a HOA here.

luckyzmom said...

No four inches! We call the HOA here 'The Gestapo'.

Z said...

If challenged on weeds, I'd mention biodiversity and encouraging the insect population, which supports birds. Etc. Anyway, 4" weeds aren't big enough to bother about, are they? Gestapo with time on their hands, I'd say!