Thursday 8 May 2008

No winks...

...let alone forty.

The chap involved in the emails rang today - he's quite oblivious that his manner comes close to insulting and is hurt because someone else was frosty with him yesterday over the matter. How fortunate that I chose to reply to what he should have said rather than what he actually said.

Gorgeous day again. I wonder if this is all the summer we'll get? Last year, we had summer in April - that was when I was in Cornwall cooling my toes in the sea - rather than in May, June, July or August. That it's hot now has no bearing at all on what it will be like for the rest of the summer.

Later, I'll get out my camera and put up the photos from Madrid. I didn't take many, actually, but I'll see if there's anything you would be delighted to look at.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my toes out today so it must be colder than it has been...sod's law!

No winks is very bad, you might have to have an afternoon siesta in the garden later

Pat said...

You can't please all of the people all of the time. Don't let it worry you. He's probably feeling a bit liverish. The warm weather is probably helping you.

Z said...

Just as warm here, it's gorgeous. Meetings this afternoon and this evening, sadly, maybe I'll manage an earlier night though.

The dear man is quite unaware that he's totally tactless - I don't let it bother me, but need to smooth a few other ruffled feathers on his behalf.

The Boy said...

Ah, I do do that for money, and people do take offence at the oddest damn things. You just have to smile and listen and continue to try to work with them. If you want to be good at what you do, that is, which some people don't.

Weather is lovely, though a bit warmish at night. That I like less.

Z said...

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being" - Goethe.

Not everyone always behaves to others as they would like to be treated themselves. And, as you say, offence can be taken quite unexpectedly. It's the reason I often over-explain - I try to head off misunderstandings. You are very tactful, Boy, it's a pleasure to watch how your mind works.

Z said...

Oh, and another thing is that it's awfully easy to dash off a quick email without realising how it'll read to the recipient - and also easy to read in haste and send a quick, annoyed response when it might be better to wait and calm down first.

Dandelion said...

z! what would your sister say?

It seems I'm behind with the email story - expect a witty comment from me later...

ps You are wonder, what with all your meetings, that you still find time to get your blog-reading done!

Z said...

What, because I sweared? Where do you think I learned it from, she's my big sister, you know.

I used to be able to switch off and go to bed, but now I find that it takes me a long time to wind down before I can sleep, and blog-reading helps me relax. Right now, I've had enough sun for a bit so I'm indoors being lazy for a while. Back to work later.

luckyzmom said...

Lovely weather here too! Not too hot, not too cold, with plenty of sunshine. Oh, happy day!