Friday 22 September 2006

talking on the telephone

"Hello, darling. It's now twenty-five to ........umm....... something, I'm back at Notcutts in Norwich and I'll see you at ......um ......errr....8 o'clock. 'bye darling."

I rang home. The line was engaged. I did this several times in the next quarter of an hour. Finally, I left a message (see above).

Ten minutes later (the line was still busy) I rang Ro's mobile and asked him to pass on the word of my homecoming to his father. I was hoping that dinner would await.

It did. Happy Z.

The Sage listened to the message. Chuckling, he pressed replay. And again.

If he wants a fluffy -sounding wife, all he really needs to do is engage me in conversation, anytime.

I had a good day out, interesting sights, excellent company and splendid guides.

Back to the kitchen now, harvest supper to prepare.

No comments: