- because that's what you do..... if you don't know what I mean, read the previous post first.
I went to a meeting to represent the PCC* treasurer, who is working in Cornwall this week so thought she might as well have a few extra days, visit the Eden Project and the like. It's an awfully long way to Cornwall and one might as well make the most of it. I thought it was a good idea to go there for the weekend last October; enjoyed it very much but it was a hell of a lot of driving, best part of 1,000 miles for 3 nights stay.
Anyway, the meeting. Very financial. I put my hand up to make a comment. The Deanery Assessor listened politely, replied .... "in short," he finished, "I agree with you." Well, that was good, he is obviously an intelligent man because I wouldn't have said anything unless I was right (hm). And, since the revised, compromise, proposals he came up with took this into account, I probably will have to talk the PCC into paying over more money next year.
I sat next to a chap in a dog collar wearing not only white socks, but jesus sandals too. Yup, together. Pristine, the socks were, so he must have changed them specially for the meeting - a particularly stylish touch, I thought.
I haven't put a list of links to the blogs I read. This is for several reasons.
1. It would be a bit embarrassing to put in everything I ever read as there are rather a lot of them and it would show how much time I spend on this sort of thing.
2. If I just put in a few favourites, I'd be mortified if one of the others I read and enjoy dropped in and found him or herself omitted.
3. Some of the ones I read, so do all of you. I mean, I hardly need to mention Greavsie*** (just as one example), do I.
4. A few are a bit rude.
* the committee that runs the local church, the Parochial Church Council.
** Mind you, I was a Suffolk girl myself until 20 years ago.
*** Sorry Greavsie, can't emulate your stylish ways, so just copy your asterisks.